Check it out! This is a children's clothing company that my sister Lindsay, her husband Justyn, and I (Haylee) are working on getting started.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Finally, A Not-So-Creepy Critter





When Powder started acting like he was going to jump through the screen on the porch, I thought for sure it was another snake (YUCK!). But, to my surprise and definitely delight, it was just this little fella. Well, he was actually pretty big really. He was just passing through the backyard one morning on his way to the canal out back I'm guessing. Powder really wanted to go out and make friends, but I'm not so sure he could have played nice.
It was so nice to finally come across a creature here that didn't make me go "eeeeww gross!" and give me the shivers (which I think happens almost everyday). Among some of the "eeeeww gross!" critters we have come across here in Florida are snakes, cockroaches, flying cockroaches (aka palmetto bugs), big hairy spiders, a spider with bright green spikes on his butt, a screeching beetle (yep), a scorpion, centipedes with big ol' pinchers, giant earwig looking things, and some sort of huge unidentifiable flying beetle thing with lobster-like pinchers...but sadly for us, the list keeps growing. All I have to say is thank goodness for shop-vacs and my Dyson with the long hose :)

No comments: