Check it out! This is a children's clothing company that my sister Lindsay, her husband Justyn, and I (Haylee) are working on getting started.

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Roadtrip! Part 3: Dang GPS!




So...Jackson, Mississippi. This is where we stayed on the 3rd night of our trip. We were originally going to stay in Vicksburg, Mississippi, however the trusty GPS system led us to an abandoned warehouse which was supposedly the LaQuinta Inn, our hotel for the night. Anyway, after ending up in probably the scariest part of town, we decided to keep on keepin' on, and headed down the road to Jackson. Here we are a while later once we finally found a place to stay. I can't say that Jackson was the safest feeling place I've ever been, but luckily Chris, being the skinny white gangsta that he is, made friends with some other gangstas at the gas station and Subway, and also had a lovely chat with a much larger African American man he met in our hotel parking lot (and who also claimed he was afraid to approach Chris). We were pretty glad to be leaving the next morning...
Yep, we were pretty happy to be leaving Jackson, but when we missed our freeway exit, the GPS led us astray again. I am sure we ended up on the worst road in America, which also happened to take us right through what might have been hillbilly country (but I'm not sure because we didn't want to stop and find out). The road was pure pot-holes (probably because road crews were too scared to go and fix them), there were stray dogs roaming everywhere, and a lot of pretty creepy houses (or trailers I should say). I do have some pictures but have decided not to post them on here for fear that we may be tracked down and have bad things done to us (Deliverance anyone?). So let's just leave it at that.

No comments: